Tuesday, May 10, 2011
The Bear a.k.a. Madison Bear Gardens
I have been to The Bear many many times, however there is of course one time that distinctly stands out in my mind. The Bear is a restaurant and a bar located on the corner of 2nd Street and Salem in downtown Chico. Drinks, decent, dancing, a little creepy, bouncers, extreme, food, incredible. Where to start. The things which I have eaten there which are delicious is everything I have tried. I have to remind you that I am a creature of habit and once I find a delicious meal, I stick to it. For the first 4 years of college, I got the Sourdough Burger with either French Fries or Onion Rings. This burger is incredible. A burger on Sourdough Toast!, such a California thing to do. This burger is described as "Our famous burger all dressed up with spicy mustard, pickles, grilled onions, and cheddar cheese on grilled sourdough bread." It is extremely yummy, but what I had always been intrigued about is the Jiffy Burger. It is a burger, with peanut butter smeared on instead of condiments. This may seem like a strange and undesirable combination, which is precisely why it took me so long to try it. I got to try it in November of 2010, when I went with my Panhellenic girls between meetings. A few of them got the jiffy burger, so I was able to steal a bite without risking getting something I would hate. It blew me away with how amazingly good it was. Now I get it every time. The combination of the sweet and salty and creamy tastes is incredible. I highly recommend that everyone try it at least once, because you never know, but it could become your new favorite.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment